3/30/2013

Chanel's Classic Flap vs Dior's Flap.

   Dior or Chanel? Difficult answer for a difficult question, right? Well, I think both are great...





  I just saw some Dior flaps on the Internet- I was watching a Marion Cotillard'f film and I typed her name on Google. They were gorgeous and I thought of Chanel's classic flap.

   I didn't know there was a long strap style for Dior. But I think for the size of the large Miss Dior or a Jumbo, you wouldn't want to wear them long strap anyway since they're kind of boxy (in my opinion). Weight-wise, the Miss Dior is a lighter and it slouches more than the Chanel jumbo most definitely which I love, but you can wear both casual and on special occasions. Plus, if you ever noticed Dior's hardware, they're super beautiful. They're made to mimic "bijoux" (jewelry). So the hardware is very soft, very well made. It's especially noticeable on the gold hardware since I'm not a fan of yellow gold, Dior's yellow gold is very soft yellow which are just beautiful!  I might be biased but I've been falling in love with Dior more and more these days and falling out  with Chanel... And it's hard to say that.


Chanel's Classic Flap- Dior's Flap.
(*Credits: Google Images).

   
   Chanel No.5 or Miss Dior?

   Chanel No. 5 is one of the most popular perfumes in the world, and topped the charts for many years since its launch in 1921. The perfume is so called because Coco Chanel apparently chose the fifth sample out of those given by the perfumer Ernest Beaux. Made of ylang-ylang, Grasse jasmine, May rose, sandalwood, vetiver and vanilla, the No. 5 was made most popular by Marilyn Monroe. While Dior’s  "Miss Dior", which doesn't exactly match up to No.5′s fame,  is the brand’s best selling and most popular name.


(*Credits: Google images and Weheartit)

   Chanel N°5 is a very complex fragrance which does not allow any of the fragrant components to be isolated out of the composition, what was exactly a request of the great Chanel – the perfume should not smell like a rose, or a lily of the valley, but as a composition.

   Every time I open a bottle of this  "parfum", I am never quite prepared for its exquisite beauty. It is not just that the materials that comprise No 5 are stunning, though they are the best of what is available today. On the whole, the fragrance has a unique and memorable character. It is elegant, yet it is neither distant nor haughty. It is sensual, yet it does not have a decadent aura. The sultry ylang ylang note with its unique juxtaposition of wintergreen brightness and ripe mango sweetness unfolds first, even before the famous Chanel No 5 aldehydes light up the composition with their characteristic effervescence. Although the initial impression is vivid and luminous, with the added brightness from the neroli and bergamot, the dark amber note gives a dusky, moody quality to the fragrance.


 Chanel No.5 (*Credits: Chanel website)

   Some of my friends have told me that they don't like Chanel No.5..."Yuck, old lady scent!"...But I really love it! Call me sophisticated!



   Miss Dior was released by Christian Dior in 1947, that's what my book about Dior says. The fragrance notes include gardenia, galbanum, clary sage, aldehydes, jasmine, rose, neroli, narcissus, iris, carnation, lily of the valley, patchouli, labdanum, oakmoss, ambergris, sandalwood, vetiver, and leather.

   It retains some of the green, but settles into something much softer, with well-blended floral notes and a classic chypre base with lots of oakmoss and smooth woods. The whole is muted by a dusting of light powder, which tones down the earthy notes and lends an elegant, understated touch to the composition. It is sometimes described as fresh, but to my nose, it's quite "intense".


Miss Dior and Natalie Portman- new image for the 
fragance.
(*Credits: Google Images and Dior website)


   I Really love this scent, I got a sample with an order and instantlly fell in love, but...I don't know..."it doesn't convince me".

   I think I'd prefer Chanel.... What do you think?


Kiss, Kiss.

1 comment:

  1. Ya me conoces, jajaja. Sabes que, de los perfumes, no me gusta ninguno de los dos. El de Dior tiene un olor que no me resulta muy agradable, y el de Chanel es muy fuerte. Sin embargo, de los dos bolsos me quedo con el de Chanel <3 Es un must have.
    ¡Besos!

    ReplyDelete