4/13/2013

"Be Iconic"



   Audrey Hepburn | Audrey Hepburn signature.svg


   What do you need for becoming an Icon? Do you need to be rich and famous to be good? Yeah, it helps being a Hollywood Star, but sometimes...Sometimes, you just need to be yourself, you  have to tell what's  on your mind and, after all, you have to belive  that anyone can't get you down. Yeah, that's what you need for becoming an Icon, and Audrey Hepburn knew it very well.


Audrey Hepburn.
(*Credit: "Audrey Hepburn-tumblr").


   "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."

 

   There's something about Audrey Hepburn that I can't describe. Something that makes me smile, something that makes me feel alive... Through all these years, Hepburn is still with us: her films, her quotes and, what I love the most, her style. 
     When I think of the actress, I think of grace, class, elegance and, as I said, style. Audrey Hepburn knew what looked good on her and thus she became a fashion Idol, which most of us still follow.

      Audrey Hepburn always said that you had to find what looked good on you and that you had to stay true to who you were. As you aready know, her defining movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's,a film in which you can see many elegant shots of Audrey. Since then, she has strengthened as " a true silver screen icon". Her elegant style is synonymous with the 20th Century Hollywood glamour.


Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
(*Credit: Audrey Hepburn-Weheartit)


"The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."


    When I feel sad or tired, I like eating chocolate and watching Hepburn's films. I love her acting, she was superb, and her style was unimpeachable.


Audrey photographed between the takes of Charade, 1963


   So, let's see what makes someone becoming a Fashion Icon:


(*Credits: "Vogue Magazine")
1) 1953 - Arriving back in London following an American stage tour.
2) 1954 - In a promotional portrait forSabrina - the first film in which she worked with Hubert de Givenchy.
3) 1953 - In a Givenchy dress at the Oscars where she won the Best Actress awards for her Roman Holiday.
4) SEPTEMBER 1954 - Audrey married actor Mel Ferrer in Switzerland.


(*Credits: "Vogue Magazine")
5) 1957 - In Funny Face wearing a Givenchy dress.
6) 1959 - At a Givenchy dress fitting in Rome. 
7) 1961 - A famous shot - and dress - from Breakfast at Tiffany's
8) 1961 - Another shot of Audrey as Holly Golightly for Breakfast at Tiffany's

"I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people's minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing."- Audrey Hepburn.


    My favourite one?...Well, I suppose all of us know the answer:


Black Givenchy dress of Audrey Hepburn.


   Audrey Hepburn was a close friend of French designer Givenchy, referring to the designer as her "best friend" while he considered her as like a "sister". In 1961, Givenchy designed a little black dress for the opening scene ofBlake Edwards' romantic comedy,Breakfast at Tiffany's, where Hepburn plays a leading role alongside actor George Peppard. Audrey took two copies of the dress back to Paramount, but the dresses, which revealed a considerable amount of Audrey's leg, were not suitable for the movie and the lower half of the dress was redesigned by Edith Head. The original hand-stitched dress is currently in Givenchy's private archive.

   The dress is cited as one of the most iconic items of clothing in the history of the twentieth century and perhaps the most famous "little black dress" of all time.


*Pic from one of my previous posts:"Women In Black"


    Don't you love these sunglasses? Now considered a revolutionary moment in eyewear design, the Wayfarer quickly gained popularity among both the fringe and the well-heeled -- crossing socio-economic and cultural borders -- and appealing to a mass market that included debutantes and beatniks.
Ironically, the original Wayfarers were intended to be marketed to men ... until women fell in love with the sleek, shiny design that seemed to flatter any shape of face.
Soon the sunglasses began to turn up on everyone from Presidents and fashionable women to folk musicians and East Village Hipsters. Wayfarers were got a PR boost in when Audrey Hepburn's Holly Golightly practically lived in her Wayfarers in the 1961 movie Breakfast at Tiffany's.



   Yeah, Audrey Hepburn will live forever...

Kiss,Kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment